|Who hasn’t run low on battery life from their phone at an important moment? We all generally have more going on with our phones that we have to. Minimizing some of these functions can help your battery last much longer. Some general tips are below and there are links to instructions for specific phones at the end of this article.|
- Do you need WiFi on all the time? Chances are you don’t use it very often, so turn it off and only turn it on when you need it.
- Same for Bluetooth – if you don’t need it, turn it off
- Turn the brightness of your screen down as low as reasonable – the brighter your screen the more battery power it uses
- Make your screen timeout as short as reasonable. The longer your battery has to keep the screen lit each time you use it, the more battery you are using.
- Many phones have a “battery saving mode.” Check your setting options – this is something that you can turn off when you realize that your battery is low and it will be a while before your next charge.
- Consider changing how your phone downloads new data (email, Facebook updates, etc.) Turning this off (or extending the interval) will extend the battery. Note that you’ll still receive new email, etc. when you open the application, this just won’t happen automatically (or at longer intervals if you choose that option.)
Here are some articles with specific instructions on how to extend the battery life on your: