From: BEI HealthcareIT Update, June 2011
This list hits the basics – the elements that you “must-do” to avoid having a website that is actually a detriment to your practice. Many more steps, including search engine optimization, will give you even better results!
- Contact info – a specific person’s name (preferred), phone and email
- Locations of your offices
- Directions to your offices
- Physician Profiles (photo, either professional taken or good quality showing the physician doing something they like to do – sport, hobby, etc.) There should also be a written narrative about the physician that talks about who they are rather than just what they have achieved. Think of this as an opportunity for a prospective patient to get to know the physician.
- Current copyright date and legal disclaimers
- Clear message about your specialty
- Insurance plans accepted
- Forms that patients need
- No spelling errors
- News (include only if you can keep it updated)